Computer Science Education Week took place during the week of December 7th this year. Since we were still doing remote instruction, my Girls Who Code students and I planned and put on a series of virtual events and extended an invitation to all students in the district to attend!
These events included:
- SUHI Grad Panel (moderated by our Girls Who Code officers)
- Careers in Tech Panel (moderated by myself)
- Intro to Web Development with Webflow Workshop (Hosted by Sweetwater High graduate Veltson Bastien)
- Coding Scratch Animations with Xochi and her Robot Friend (Hosted by UCSD CREATE)
- Creating Patterns with Scratch and the Finch Robot (Hosted by Dr. Bambi Brewer)
In addition to these events, we published a website showcasing the work of our current AP Computer Science Principles and AP Computer Science A students.